Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Not another retarded "Best of 2006" list

I hate how with the advent of the new-year, suddenly everyone is an expert on the music that filled the year past.

I will abuse the new year in the same fashion...

With things I am looking forward to this year. That's right, 2007 albums and possible advents in music that will not suck crap.

Dream Theater's new album - Octavarium was largely a disappointment, though Panic Attack deserves the love it gets from DT fans.

The new Black Mages album! Metal is what the new year should be all about, I would hope.

You know what, this isn't even working for me. "Here is what I am looking foward to" is shit.

Basically, what I am hoping for is a new year where some genre outside of pop and hip-hop will be on the local top fifty. I don't want indie to be the new cool thing - I don't know why it is. The Arcade Fire has so many popular tracks, and are too pretentious for their own good - yet they are labeled Indie. Well, the pretentious thing totally goes along with that.

I want less mellow music, more of the mainstream hopefully liking stuff that they don't just 'chill' too. There is a ton of good music out there that, because it is agressive, is not listened to by the general public. That really irks me off. It also annoys me that 75% of songs on the charts are pop, rap, or hip-hop. Instrumentalists everywhere cry out each time they see one of these songs on a top 50 list. People spend their lives learning to play instruments, and then get discarded because some pop-diva or bling-blingin' gangsta gets the spotlight. Annoyance! I actually have some respect for rappers, because busting rhymes at such a high speed is challenging - it's like an instrument in its own right - but cookie-cutter hip-hop artists need to PISS OFF.

I want people to take notice of obscure genres. Is it possible to see post-hardcore or breakcore in popular music circles? Probably unlikely for the latter, but with the advent of Alexisonfire (which I have taken to pronouncing "Alex Is On Fire" against their wishes) maybe post-hardcore has some hope. Even though I haven't heard anything from them that sounds like more than 'screamo' - which is the worst idea for a genre ever, hip-hop now-withstanding. Did I mention that I don't like hip-hop?

And maybe DragonForce getting some airplay? Power-metal needs mainstream notice.

Basically what I'm saying, is that I hate the mainstream scene, and people are stupid.

Best of 2006, lol!

No comments:

Latest Played Tracks

5lash3r's Profile Page