Monday, January 22, 2007

The Blood Brothers Are Good And Crazy

Today we have a brief mention of post-hardcore, and more mathcore!

I would have posted the album of the week yesterday, but technical difficulties have been horrible prevalent lately. I don't want to go over that though.

Ever since I got turned on to post-hardcore, I've heard talk of two experimental bands within the genre - The Blood Brothers, and The Locust. Both are fairly... well, they're way out of the mainstream. They make what kind of is a hybrid between post-hardcore, and like... experimental grind-core. So, not airplay friendly. That being said, it's almost impossible to find their music. After a lot of searching, I managed to get a discography of The Blood Brothers - no luck on The Locust yet. Apparently these are the kind of bands that have fat emo chicks in white belts show up and fawn over lead singers, so that's pretty cool, I'd like to be in a band like that.

Basically, The Blood Brothers are a more... well, it's hard to say what they're more of. They sound kind of like HORSE, only noisier, and with shriller singing - less abrasive instrumentation in some parts, more abrasive in others, and the lyrics seem to speak more. In any case, I'd heard good things about them, and it's easy to see why. Thusly, I decided to make the song of the day one of their tunes that I'm addicted to - it is one of their more popular songs, but I couldn't pass up the chance - it's just stuck inside my head. I'm writing a story about it. The lyrics are amazing, and it just sounds wonderful. If it exposes people to this band that I should have caught onto a long time ago, then I'm glad. The song is called
Love Rhymes With Hideos Car Wreck from their 2004 album Crimes. It's about... well, it's complicated, especially when you can't hear all the lyrics, but basically... it's wonderful. Check it out, I implore you. Megaupload link is here.


Originally I was going to reccomend this album for album of the week, but I realized I shouldn't go around toting things I haven't listened to extensively myself - and while there are some amazing songs on this album, I don't have an in depth knowledge of it. So, I'm going to try and go in a different direction... actually, what am I talking about, this album is just too good to pass up. Though, one of their prior releases, Burn, Piano Island, Burn is also really good. In any case, there's a Megaupload link for just the above track up there, and for those who want the entire album, the link is
here. Enjoy. ^^

Basically, this group takes post-hardcore in a nice experimental direction that fuses a lot of different sounds - I highly reccomend checking them out, and would as of right now kill to see them live.

That's all for today.

1 comment:

Jas said...

Talk about addictive, it's great Philip.

Latest Played Tracks

5lash3r's Profile Page