Thursday, January 4, 2007

Call-out

I don't make it a point of hating one single artist or genre (hip-hop now withstanding), but I must make a point of ranting at Panic! At the Disco. For one, that exclamation point in the middle of their name is ludicrous. To properly pronounce it, one must say it as "Panic! At the Disco." There is a full stop after an exclamation point. Apparently they did not realize this when thinking of their band's name. This is also a point of contention I have with Godspeed You! Black Emperor. An exclamation mark is a full stop, damnit.

Secondly, the main point of frustration I have with Panic! is sourced in the following quote. From their frontman Brendon Urie (which makes me think of urine, and then makes me think of Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence, an infinitely better band - I will tell the story of that concert some day) -
"'I Write Sins Not Tragedies' isn't the only song we've written."

You know why everyone acts like it is? Because it's the only half-decent song they've ever written. I got their debut (and to date, only full length) release, because I thought I liked their 'hit' song. Honestly, yes, it is catchy, but I'm more than sick of it by now. Like artists before them that are known as one-hit wonders, however, I didn't want them to die without me listening to their other stuff. So I did - and I regret it to this day. Well, not really, because if I hadn't, I couldn't make pretentious comments like this.

Seriously. Even their other 'singles' I found intollerably bad. I don't understand how people like Panic! for anything other than their super-hit song - they're like a lamer, electronic influenced version of Fall Out Boy - and there's nothing too great about them either.

So I guess what I'm saying is, electronic-indie-emo-power-pop-punk is the worst genre ever and should go die.


Note: I posted Megaupload links to all songs of the day, and will continue to do so in the future, at least for a little while, unless people start downloading them. Then nothing will stop me.

No comments:

Latest Played Tracks

5lash3r's Profile Page