Monday, February 26, 2007

What God has to say about music...

That subject line is actually way more blatant than I intend to be, but it's a subject I wanted to address nonetheless.

As I immerse myself in the sub-culture of music in general, but more lately, in the ideas and attitudes surrounding noise music, I have noticed some prevailing things. Namely, that the noise scene is full of hate-mongering, violent misogyny - and people are okay with it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a crazy right wing conservative, but... I dunno, I figure maybe there's a limit. Music and sentiment aren't always linked, right? Well, I meant to bring up something that challenged my stance on this.

Lately, I stumbled upon the more beat oriented, but still delightfully rage-filled screamings of Passenger of Shit. The name alone should say something about the musical style, and it does. I managed to get my hands on (digitally speaking, of course) what I presume is the second album by this artist (named 2), and... well, let's take a look at the track name that got me thinking about the sentiment of an artist in relation to music in general.

Filling God's Ass With Severed Cocks.

Yeah, that's a little extreme even for me. I know not everyone out there is Christian - actually, that makes me sound horrible, and from what I know, most people I know in my life aren't Christian... I'm not even sure if I am. But for the people that are - what does a song title like that make you think? Is it okay to enjoy the music of someone who makes songs with names like that? Am I indirectly supporting Satan? Okay, that's a bit of a stretch... but still, it is a puzzler, and it's got me a tad... well, puzzled, I guess.

In any case, all that aside - this album is good, and the artist as well. I'd love to root up more stuff if I can. Anyone who thinks they like more aggressive breakcore, or would like a more listenable (yet more agressive and violent screaming kind) of noise music should also check this out. I swear the titles are deceiving. I'd upload a track later, but it's all free at the Noise From The Death Factory upload blog. Check it out, really.

No comments:

Latest Played Tracks

5lash3r's Profile Page