Tuesday, February 20, 2007

There's free (obscure) music everywhere, y'know

In the past couple days, I've been doing a lot of perusing of the internet, which mostly starts (and is solely composed around) my love of music that is, in a short amount of words, hard to find. I don't like it because it's hard to find - it just happens to be so.

I don't know how many times I've wondered about whether or not one of my favorite artists even has a CD I can purchase - oftentimes, the answer is no. So, I end up looking everywhere to find music that is like candy to my ears. Candy made of sex. Not to be confused with sex-by-products, which are usually less appetizing.

In any case, in all my searching, I've come upon some wonderful discoveries, that I thought would be nice to share with everyone.

For anyone into noise music, there's the Noise From The Death Factory upload blog - of which I myself am a part of, and the guild as well. Noise from the Death Factory (Uploads) is the link, and there's stuff ranging from early Throbbing Gristle albums (that's early industrial) to Merzbow, and crazy aggressive stuff like Whitehouse and SKM-ETR. Pretty cool.

Then, last night, while looking for stuff by MOSAIC.WAV (A Japanese Gamewave band who does video game soundtracks (H-games, mostly)), I stumbled on this blog: GFX-Beta. They've got lots of stuff - not the exact artist I was looking for, but stuff similar in vein, as well as anime soundtracks, video game arrangements, and monthly issues of a very Otaku oriented magazine. A great site for anyone interested in that kind of thing. Also, they have something I've been meaning to bring about...

Namely, I finally got my hands on the (fairly) new DJ Sharpnel album(s)! I'm quite excited by this, even though I'm not the hugest Sharpnel fan... I have all of his (their) previous work to date, and I was overjoyed when I got all three new albums. Giving them a listen now, and tracks should be selected and uploaded within a day or two.

Might search for some pop-rock or metal stuff some time to sate the masses. Until now, noise, J-pop, and eventually, gabberz. Out.

No comments:

Latest Played Tracks

5lash3r's Profile Page